In a world dominated by information technology and information accessibility, emerging markets and the opportunities they present quickly become mainstream.
While emerging markets may still offer higher returns than those in mature economies, they are usually subject to the same broad market trends and there is a high correlation between them.
Where can the dynamic, globally minded investor go to seek out higher returns and trends that are not correlated with his usual investment strategy?
Part of the answer is to be found in the Frontier Markets of sub-Saharan Africa.
Given its African origins and unique regional base, Imara Africa Securities was established in Gaborone, Botswana to:
- Provide a one-stop shop broking service into the frontier markets of sub-Saharan Africa
- Provide research and information on these markets
- Trade on behalf of its clients in the following countries: Botswana, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Characteristics of most sub-Saharan countries:
- Real GDP growth
- Positive political changes
- Low correlation to emerging and global markets
- Foreign debt relief
- Reduced inflation
- Improved governance and economic management
Since 1995 there has been at least one African equity market among the top 10 best performing markets in the world. To download a brochure that further describes the opportunities and performance of investing in the equity markets of sub-Saharan Africa, please click here.
Imara Africa Securities - Johannesburg
Telephone: +27 11 550 6005
Cell: +27 82 468 8126
Imara Africa Securities - Africa Research
Telephone: +27 11 550 6000
Imara S.P. Reid
Telephone: +27 11 550 6252/3
Gerhard Le Roux
Imara S.P. Reid
Telephone: +27 11 550 6245/6
257 Oxford Road,
Johannesburg, South Africa